Window Shopping for a Unit Orchestra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Shopping for a Unit Orchestra

I have been lately window shopping for a unit orchestra to have. My Criteria is slightly complex.

1. 2M - 3M
    2. 8 - 15 Ranks

Ok, Im been eyeing the smaller 3Rank Pipe organs but i am interested in a small tonal pallet that offers wide options. I am not ready to purchase one but i have looking around and window shopping and looking for a Style that would be able to put on a trailer and move about or installed in a nice room.

Nice 3/8 Wurli 'Granada' type on ebay over here.... probably too far away though!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurlitzer...e/163521763164
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

• Ben Madison
      Ben Madison commented
      Editing a comment
      Ill check it out

Most theatre organist consider the Wurlitzer Style D (or its later successor, the 165) to be one of the best balanced of the small theatre pipe organs which had these ranks: tibia, open diapason, concert flute, salicional, vox humana, and trumpet. That forms the basic core for a decent small theatre organ.

Comment

• Ben Madison
      Ben Madison commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, hmm so i looked it up and the stop list will have to be re worked, if you wanted to add just one rank or unit to it what would it be.

Maybe a salicional celeste rank, for just one, but it would be nice to add clarinet, orchestral oboe, and post horn.

Comment

Working...
    X