Robert Morton Muted Horn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Morton Muted Horn

Does anyone have any construction details on this rare and coveted rank from the Robert Morton company, I would certainly would like to either add one or construct a rank.

It is said that George Wright had the rank installed in his Studio Pipe Organs.
    Instruments:
    22/8 Button accordion.

Ben,

Look for organs on the Internet that have the horn listed, and visit those organs, or research their construction.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

• Pipeorganbuilder
      Pipeorganbuilder commented
      Editing a comment
      Have not run across any of these horns in all my years of servicing theater pipe organs--there again, not may Robert Morton organs installed here in the south east. Since their factory was in Ca., I would check with organ builders on the west coast. Surely someone out there would know. Might even check Morton's patents to see if they were filed.

Michael

• Ben Madison
      Ben Madison commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried looking around online I can only find sparse construction details i came on here hoping someone who had the rank would respond in this forum.

Theater organ enthusiasts may be interested to know that there will be a free concert on the 4 manual Robert Morton organ at the Ohio Theater in Columbus, Ohio on Sunday, March 17 at 3 P.M. While a "muted horn" is not listed among the organ's 34 ranks, it does have a 16' Oboe Horn and an 8' English Horn.
    Bill

My home organ: Content M5800

Comment

The Encyclopedia of Organ stops has some information. Here is the link for Robert Morton Muted Horn

Comment

Greg Rister has an in-depth knowledge of Robert Morton theatre organs. You might try contacting him at: greg@risterpipeorgans.com to see if he can provide the details you desire.

RickInVa

Comment

Working...
        X