Second Accordian needs identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Accordian needs identification

This is my seccond accordian I need the chart to the bass buttons. I will attach a photo of the symbol that's on the front
    Instruments:
    22/8 Button accordion.

I can identify it as an "accordion."

The bass buttons on a piano accordion are almost always Stradella. The only thing that usually changes is the number of buttons. How many buttons does it have?

I highly recommend these posters to anyone interested in accordions: Click image for larger version

Name:	30369_065a8f96-653f-486d-99d3-af5958637ab3_large.jpg?v=1501617944.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	666074

Comment

• Ben Madison
      Ben Madison commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont have it with me right now but will get back to you.

• Ben Madison
      Ben Madison commented
      Editing a comment
      It has 48 bass buttons.

Okay, that's a standard Stradella configuration, but there are two different 48-button standards. You either have 8 or 12 fundamentals. With 8 you also get counterbass, major chord, minor chord, major seventh chord, and diminished chord. With 12, I don't recall the configuration; but I think it's the same but without the seventh and diminished. The former is more common in my experience.

The fundamentals from left to right run clockwise round the circle of fifths. There should be one with a dimple or rhinestone, which is C.

Comment

Can you post a photo of the bass section?

Comment

This is the bass section
        Instruments:
        22/8 Button accordion.

Comment

Let me guess: the button with the slight dent is "C"? Looks like the standard "8 fundamental" Stradella bass section.

Comment

Working...
          X