Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys respond differently

Greetings, everyone!

I've got a Weltmeister Grandina accordion. The issue is that the keys of the right keyboard respond differently.
    What do I mean..
    The distance between the free position of each key (the valve is closed) and the fully pressed down one (the valve is wide open) is 8 mm. Some keys when pressed slowly let the reed make its full sound as early as 1 mm from the free position. I consider it proper. Some other keys however behave differently. Like this, for example. 0-1 mm - nothing. 1-3 mm - just air hissing, but no sound from the reed. 3-8 mm - the reed sounds.

This difference makes playing sort of difficult, especially when it comes to playing chords. If a chord consists of, say, 3 sounds, I want them to start sounding simultaneously, but it's hard to achieve when the keys respond differently.

Is there a way to fix the keys/valves/etc. so that all the keys respond similarly?

Thank you in advance for your answers and forgive me for my broken English.

The problem probably is the pallet valves. You may have the leather degrading on them, but it might also be that they are dirty. Try disassembling it and cleaning the pallet valves and see if that helps. If you find they are crumbling, it's time to releather them.

Current: Allen 225 RTC, W. Bell reed organ, Lowrey TGS, Singer upright grand
    Former: Yamaha E3R
    https://www.exercisesincatholicmythology.com

Comment

Originally posted by Silmy View Post
      Greetings, everyone!

I've got a Weltmeister Grandina accordion. The issue is that the keys of the right keyboard respond differently.
      What do I mean..
      The distance between the free position of each key (the valve is closed) and the fully pressed down one (the valve is wide open) is 8 mm. Some keys when pressed slowly let the reed make its full sound as early as 1 mm from the free position. I consider it proper. Some other keys however behave differently. Like this, for example. 0-1 mm - nothing. 1-3 mm - just air hissing, but no sound from the reed. 3-8 mm - the reed sounds.

This difference makes playing sort of difficult, especially when it comes to playing chords. If a chord consists of, say, 3 sounds, I want them to start sounding simultaneously, but it's hard to achieve when the keys respond differently.

Is there a way to fix the keys/valves/etc. so that all the keys respond similarly?

Thank you in advance for your answers and forgive me for my broken English.
      I recommend checking and cleaning the valves, adjusting the key mechanism, and consulting a professional accordion technician for a thorough inspection and any necessary adjustments. This should help improve the consistency in key response. If you have further questions or need assistance, feel free to ask.

Comment

Working...
      X