This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karn Serial Number Confused

Taking the back off the serial number is 57453 FOR SURE and the Model appears to be B32 (maybe)
    How old is this?

Have you gone to the Reed Organ Society website and searched "ROS database" and "Gellerman database" for Karn? You may find your model there by name or photo and find a date. I was lucky and found the bill of sale inside my Kimball.

http://www.reedsoc.org/
    -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic -- 1899 Kimball, Rodgers W5000C, Conn 643, Hammond M3, L-102 - "Let no man belong to another who can belong to himself." (Alterius non sit qui suus esse potest​ -) ​Paracelsus

Comment

Joined the Sociey and searched. More Confused than ever. The BEST guess so far is 1909 and one of the last since I do have the D.W. Karn and co. on mine. Will be taking it apart SOON I have found the screws That APPEAR to hold the keys and such to the case, (4) with washers two on each side and (4) into a wood block again 2 on each side. I am going to remove the screws under the keyboard Fania and the access cover to disconnect the bellows from the pedals, Neat trick using a nail to adjust the tension.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Karn 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	604013

Comment

Looks like one of your feeder straps may be an automotive seat belt. We need a Karn owner to weigh in before you get too enthused. :)
        -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic -- 1899 Kimball, Rodgers W5000C, Conn 643, Hammond M3, L-102 - "Let no man belong to another who can belong to himself." (Alterius non sit qui suus esse potest​ -) ​Paracelsus

Comment

Yes it is an old Army Belt, the other was the original jute that broke, I have teh correct material now.
          I found from more research that this is a Style "B". Serial number INSIDE matches the back panel stencil number.
          See you are in Georgia, the Organ is in Edgefield S.C. out on the "FARM"

Comment

Working...
          X