Enough to make a grown man cry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough to make a grown man cry!

Look what I missed today - sold for about US$6.00 - yes! six US Dollars!!

I thought I'd post this just to get some life into this Forum again - far too quiet... and maybe someone wants to cry with me.

Nico
    Attached Files
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

I think that empty bottle of Wellington VO might also make a grown man cry!

Tom M.

Comment

• voet
      voet commented
      Editing a comment
      The grown man probably already cried while drinking the Wellington VO. 😊

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Whew! You escaped that one!!!

Michael

• Silken Path
      Silken Path commented
      Editing a comment
      Strikes me that it has a pot to pee in as well as a big bottle of booze.

Looks like it's in pretty bad shape, though...... Missing/broken pallet springs in particular.

The rural area I live in, everyone knows everyone... When the grapevine discovered that I was "fixing up organs" and looking for a 2MP fixer-upper (which everyone interpreted as "any old worthless unplayable single-manual parlor organ"), all the basket-case parlour organs came out of the woodwork and started being offered to me for free, if I'd just take it away and use it instead of junking it. But they were all in such horrible unplayable shape, ufff....

When I inherited my great-grandma's reed organ and started playing it, I thought IT was a basket case, with its poor tuning, squeaks, somewhat leaky billows, and broken draw knob. But compared to a lot of the other stuff I've been presented with, it's top notch. Lol.
    1914 Estey Parlor Organ. 196x Allen T-12a "Special" (MIDI VPO project). Digital piano. Various guitars. Autoharp. Banjo. Bowed saw. Musical Cat.

Comment

I'd have gladly repaired the pallet springs or whatever it is that caused the keys to collapse. The treadles are upright indicating the straps are OK but who cares? Its gone and will stay gone forever so, back to crying. . By the way, the empty bottle everyone seems to notice also sold for the same price!
      Nico
      "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Working...
      X