Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estey Sub Bass - What is it off?

Hi,
    As some know, I am working on a George Woods reed organ with a 8' and 4' ranks. I have a organ builder who is a family friend helping me! It sounds so wonderful, yet it 'needs' a Sub Bass! A reed organ restorer sold me this 'bass box'. I would like to be able to to identify what organ it is off. He say it is off a Professional Estey, and it has 1 1/2 octaves of reeds. Any clues what organ this is off?
    Might put up a photo of my organ over the next few weeks...
    Many thanks!
    Joshua

Several Esteys featured 17 note subbass chests. The style Z was called the Artist's Organ, maybe that's what your friend is remembering. Some style O's had them too.17 notes is an octave and a third.
    Casey

Comment

Joshua - you are a LUCKY MAN to have a family friend who is an organ builder!

That sub bass box of yours sure looks similar to the one on my 1874 George Woods.

https://www.reedsoc.org/ROS/pictures...ZpkDFTkOMW.jpg

Tom M.

Comment

It also looks similar to the Mannborg sub bass box. The linkages might tell more.

Nico
        "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Working...
        X