Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theorgansinger
    replied
    No I don't-although I can eventually post it to a blog I have, but have not used for some years. I think it is a unique style though. It is made of rosewood, which I find was a popular wood at the time, giving it that auburn/red color. From the serial # engraved on the top it is 1892 or earlier. We have it apart for now to repair some minor issues. The photo I took today really shows the wonderful color. Once I get it back together I can take more photos. Can't do the same for the sound. The thing I like about it is that is is beautiful and useful. I also have a number of sewing machines from the same vintage. They perform better than most "modern" machines.

Leave a comment:

• SubBase
    replied
    By the way,do you have a blog or photo album about this Grand Salon?

Leave a comment:

• theorgansinger
    replied
    That is a great site-thanks for the suggestion. The price is right also ($2.99).

Leave a comment:

• SubBase
    replied
    These are 1/2" wide. http://www.timberbits.com/highpoint-...-brass-56x13mm

Leave a comment:

• theorgansinger
    started a topic Hinges for music rack needed

Hinges for music rack needed

I have an Estey Grand Salon Organ c.1892, which we are restoring (hopefully to donate later) The music rack is detached, and had only partial hinges on both sides. They are 3/8" x 5/8" and are attached on a very slim piece of wood. We have been looking to either have them custom made, or replace with a different style, and patch the hole. See photos. Does anyone have any leads or ideas on this?
Working...
X