This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emenee golden Pipe organ

I have purchased a small '"TOY" organ from Ebay. I'm a nurstng home resident and don't have much space now. Used to collect electonic organs. The sellers says two high notes lack volume. Is this possibly reed fatigue? Expect to receive the instrument in the next two days.

Hello. I do not have an answer to your question but no doubt someone here will. When you do receive this little gem perhaps post some more information and a picture or two. I am responding specifically as a result of your mentioning that you are "a nursing home resident". Since such a situation normally develops from poor health I trust that yours will improve and that you will soon again be able to enjoy life as before. God bless. Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request... B-)

Comment

• OrgansR4Me
      OrgansR4Me commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your good wishes. My picture taking is too shaky to share but there a couple of good you tube videos.

I hope you'll be able to improve too, Organs4Me.

Ahhh, The Emenee Golden Pipe Organ -- my first musical instrument ever, Christmas 1961. The top two reeds are of course the shortest and thus perhaps softest, but I'm sot sure anything can be done about it if dust (or cat hair etc.) has accumulated. At least you'll be playing on a genuine reed organ whose sound is being produced just a few inches from your fingers.

Please let us know how it goes -- and if your EGPO still has the golden shield on top.

Comment

Thanks. The shield is missing but the cabinet is very good. Maybe later I'll seek a helper and open the organ to investigate the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X