This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with identification ..

Hi everybody -- my husband is the executor of a friend's estate -- he has this pump organ in his garage - we've seen him play it in the past many times, but we know nothing of it. Can anyone offer any insight as to where I might start to look (other than here :) to get info on this?</P>

Thanks so much in advance.</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

</P>

Re: I need help with identification ..

That is an Estey style H chapel organ. It was made about 1925-1930. There is a panel missing above the pedals. The organ was well-made, but not really very decorative. Depending on the action (the music-producing parts) it could be a very nice instrument, or not so much, based on the number of reeds. It likely requires a good going over by a tech, and may need a full restoration to bring out its potential.</p>

If you can show a picture that includes the keyboard and stops, I could tell you how comprehensive an action it contains.</p>

In "as found" condition it would go for maybe $200 in my area. I bouhgt a perfectly playable one for that amount ten years ago.</p>

Casey </p>

Comment

Thank you so much Casey! I will try to get back over there and take some other pictures -- there is a lot of junk around it, and the garage was dark so I couldn't really get to it -- but thanks alot. I do remember years ago he used to play it and it had a nice sound - at least to my ears. :)

Comment

It is a shame to see such a nice organ meet this fate when you once heard its glorious tones. Coleman Kimbrell in Alabama could do a complete restoration of this organ, and it would literally look new as well as be new. This one is worth acquiring, restroing, and using for many years.I don'tknow if C. Kimbrell has a web site or not, but you might check The Reed Organ Society via Google Search where there is info regarding reed organs.</P>

James</P>
        Baldwin Church Organ Model 48C
        Baldwin Spinet 58R
        Lowrey Spinet SCL
        Wurlitzer 4100A
        Crown Pump Organ by Geo. P. Bent, Chicago, Illinois

Organs I hope to obtain in the future:

Conn Tube Minuet or Caprice even a transistor Caprice with the color coded tabs
        Gulbransen H3 or G3, or V.
        Wurlitzer 44, 4410, 4420, ES Reed Models, 4300, 4500, Transistor Models

Comment

Thank you, James -- I apologize for not getting back here sooner. The estate has been kind of a mess, as those who have had to deal with such things no doubt know. lol</P>

We had an auction, and someone bought the contents of the house, but just cherry picked what they wanted, and the organ is still there. Actually my husband is bringing it home here today... if anyone has any other info on this item, it would be greatly appreciated as I am going to 'try' and sell it, probably will try on ebay first. </P>

I really appreciate all of your posts and help here. :)</P>

Comment

Working...
          X