The Organ and the Czar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Organ and the Czar

July, 1918. Nicholas II, the Czar of all the Russias has abdicated; Russia has no stable government. Now just wards of the State, Nicholas Romanov and his family are captured, taken to several locations, and on July 17/18, murdered in a cellar room of the Ipatiev House in Ekaterinburg.

But just two years earlier, here are the four Romanov daughters, in the Corner Drawing Room of the Alexander Palace in Tsarkoye Selo, near St Petersburg.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Romanov Sisters, Harmonium.JPG Views:	0 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	733329

I've asked the curator of the Tsarskoye Selo museums for details on the organ. There were two reed organs in the Alexander Palace. Unfortunately both organs disappeared when the German army invaded that part of Russia in 1941. Curator is sending me further photos, and details on the two instruments.

Tom M.

Interesting information, Tom. I look forward to your updates. Thank you for sharing it.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Working...
    X