Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organfella
    replied
    If the bellows appear tight, then the only other culprit area will be the feeders. Those flap valves have corresponding ones inside the bellows. I suspect that those flap valves are the place where you loose vacuum after all.
    Luck
    Nico

Leave a comment:

• Larason2
    replied
    Again, probably time to recover the reservoir and exhausters. When they get worn they get hard to see cracks at the fold lines, and the only solution really is recovering. Its not hard to do, but it is time consuming, and getting the right materials for the job can be tricky.

Leave a comment:

• Alexcson
    replied
    Hello, so i disassembled it yesterday, and check pretty much everywhere around the bellows, and they seemed pretty intact. I checked all the sides of it and i did not find anything major,
    I also did tape over the hole where all the air goes out from the bellows and i pushed down the pedal. I could see the pedal slowy moving downwards, as the air was escaping. So i'd think it could hold like 20-30 sec of air, before it all emptied out.
    At this point i did the best of my abilty that i could, and i ended up just assembling it back again.
    I did put some masking tape around the sides of the reservoir, just to see if there was any improvement, but there was not.
    So i'm at a point where i think it's not really worth spending anymore time on it.
    It's been pretty fun trying to get it working, and it does produce a sound.
    I just have to keep pedeling like a mad man, hah.
    But if i ever get back around trying to get it working, I'll keep your tips and helps in mind

I'll post a video later of me trying to produce a couple of sounds from it, by using both of the pedals.

Leave a comment:

• Organfella
    replied
    Sounds like your bellows are not even getting vacuum. What happens if you pedal both treadles? The weak sound from only one pedal comes only from the effect of that treadle. Try and pedal a little without sounding a note. The flap on the feeder seems to work fine. Check the relief valve at the back of the reservoir. Also, if you can reach, feel with your hand on the underside of the organ if the bellows contract when operating a treadle and how long it stays if contracting. You have a major leak somewhere so start checking the most accessible places first.
    Good luck!
    Nico

Leave a comment:

• Larason2
    replied
    I think you’re losing air somewhere, and the typical culprits are the reservoir, in which case it would need to be recovered, or some problem in the reed pan (usually cracks). For the flap on the exhausters, they can be floppy and still work well. Still, they may also need to be recovered, and if you’re recovering the reservoir might as well recover the exhausters too.

Leave a comment:

• Alexcson
    started a topic Organ Issues

Organ Issues

Hello, I'm back from a couple of years ago. I posted a thread about an issue i was having
    https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...king-any-sound
    I finally came around to try and figure out where the spring would be attached.
    I got them in, not sure if it was the right place.

But there is an issue, I might suspect that the Bellow is leaking.
    I recorded a video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-lxC6nsELw

You might not be able to see it in the video, but the leather flap is pretty loose. It flaps open very easy, is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks

/Alex
Working...
X