X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at what I'm getting

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instr...-212663798.htm</p>

</p>

To be fair, as I write this, there are 6 hours to go in the auction but I'm fairly certain that nobody else will bother to bid for this. If they do, I guess I'm reduced to looking for one again. Difficult in that area.</p>

</p>

I'm expecting to be entirely underwhelmed by it - six keys not working? Stops 50-50, whatever that means. But I've played on pretty bad examples of these before and found them endearing, so I expect to have fun with it. None that I've played had any discernable difference to the sound when I changed stops (when they weren't stuck), so I'm quite looking forward to the 50-50 part.</p>

Re: Look at what I'm getting

You'll probably want to find someone who can do a good job of reparing those keys - with a little more money you may want to spring for a full restoration.</P>

I like the 'two-dot' effect on the keys and notice the builder used the same effect on the drawstop faces- very interesting.</P>

Keep us posted. [:)]</P>

Comment

Pretty neat, it is what was called a "tropicalized, portable cabinet organ" , meaning it was built for travel to areas with a forbiddingly humid climate. That it why the keytops and stop faces are riveted or pinned on; so the glue wouldn't let loose. The manufacturer may be Estey, there should be a label glued inside with their name if that is the case.</p>

Casey
      </p>

Comment

Ah Trademe, where would we be without you? </p>

Comment

Working...
        X