Expires on: 03:49, 7th Dec 2018

Wanted: A practice organ (or: "Bench time! Bench time! My kingdom for some bench time!")
by DEWII, Published on 03:49, 7th Nov 2018

Wanted
Offers: Login to Buy
Buy now: Wanted: A practice organ (or: "Bench time! Bench time! My kingdom for some bench time!")
Asking Price

$0.00 USD

Remarks (Optional)

By posting this form, you agree that:
Your Contact Information

This helps the seller determine the total cost of any additional charges (if any).

Full Name

Contact Phone

Make Offer for: Wanted: A practice organ (or: "Bench time! Bench time! My kingdom for some bench time!")
Your Offer
 USD

Remarks (Optional)

By making an offer to this item, you agree that:
Your Contact Information

This helps the seller determine the total cost of any additional charges (if any).

Full Name

Contact Phone

Classified Details
Hi all, Long time lurker, first time poster here. It has become apparent that, if I am to continue as an organist (though those who have had the...pleasure...of hearing me play would refer to me as pulsator organorum) I must find an instrument for home practice. Safety concerns have made it such that I am unable to continue practicing at the church I attend (a three-manual Allen from Diane Bish's line), and the organ in the church for which I work as sexton (a two-manual Estey) has given up the ghost after some decades of neglect/inadequate care. I trained as a singer, but the organ, like the piano for Ralph Vaughan Williams, has become my musical salvation in the Babylonian captivities of graduate work (music education and musicology, where music-making is strictly forbidden) and job hunting. I have taken to it fairly well this past half-decade, and would rather not give it up without some modicum of fight. To that end, I'm currently on the hunt for a home practice instrument. While I won't let the perfect become the enemy of the good, my ideal instrument would have three manuals (I'm to the point in my studies where I have repertoire that calls for use of all three at once), a well-rounded stop list with 16', 8', 4', and 2' available in every division (or the ability to fake, at least), and of a more modest footprint. I would happily take a two manual that had enough on which I could get by, however. Being a musician and a caretaker limits my budget somewhat, but I will extend as far as I can go. I look forward to hearing from you.
DEWII  (1)
Individual

Similar Classifieds