Thread: Merging WAVfiles

Merging WAVfiles

I'm thinking I *should* know how to do this, but I don't

I put in a "virtual carillon" system at my church. The program takes carillon hymn WAVfiles that you load into the directory, then plays them at the times you choose.

I'd like to combine two or more so it could play#1, pause, play #2, pause etc. to eliminate irregular pauses between selections (as they are different lengths)

Can someone tell me how to do this? Budget is LOOOOOW so a cheap or free program would be a big help, if I need a special program to merge the WAVfiles.

Many thankies for any help/advice.

The free audio editing program Audacity is certainly able to do what you require. It is available for Windows and Linux. I don't know about Mac computers. You'll need to learn how to use its features, but it shouldn't present a problem.

John Reimer

Thanks SO much! I have WIN10.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by j reimer View Post
    The free audio editing program Audacity is certainly able to do what you require. It is available for Windows and Linux. I don't know about Mac computers. You'll need to learn how to use its features, but it shouldn't present a problem.
    John (& Bill),

Audacity works as well on the Macintosh, and will merge WAV files together via multiple tracks. One can even export to .mp3 via the downloadable LAME encoder, though not sure why you'd want less quality (maybe for e-mail?). I HIGHLY recommend Audacity!

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Another vote here for Audacity.

NCH has a wonderful application called WavePad. There is a free version here that never expires albeit lacks some features, but still enables one to edit WAV files as well as MP3.

I've been using WavePad (a licensed version) for many years to edit my MP3 recordings and quite pleased with how it runs.

Thanks, guys!

Polyphone is a good piece of software that allows you to import wav files into the software and link to c1,c#1,d1, d#1,e1 etc.....it’s complicated but it works. From there your can create a sample set. Also with the polyphone if one of the pipe notes is flat you can return it on the basis of the d1 and transpose to d2 so you end up with properly tuned set. I don’t have a home organ nor process to be able to play one. What i do is love the sound of the mighty beast that stirs beneath...... have a look at polyphone as they do have a few sets over there already set up. I picked this up from another organ website.

Welcome to the Forum, Dreece.

I'm not sure that this directly relates to the thread, as it was about joining audio files together rather than creating sample sets.

You'd be better off starting a new thread with details of Polyphone, with links etc. I'm sure people will be interested, thanks!
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

I was trying to help where I have stripped the wav file from the FREE organ sample sets where Hauptwerk is not an option for me. I think there is an organ that was free to do with some town hall. I don’t know the name of the set. But the problem there isn’t a version for VSTI. The only way to get aro7nd it is create a sound font that works using a sound font player. However with Halion 6 you can now import the sound onto set into that and create a working VSTI. However, polyphone does join the wav files together so you can then create a set to play from. The wav file has markers put on it which you have to manually. As I said it is complicated to use. You have to remember the left and right wav file and that the marker is in the correct place. I won’t be making a separate post on this as it doesn’t warrant it. Thank you for the nice welcome.