Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allen CF4 older model?

ppp Pianississmo Max the Icie Owner's Avatar

Well, since it is a MOS organ, I think I will pass this time. Only because of the distance and that it wouldn't have midi were I to want to use VPO software with it. I'm not enough of a tech geek to re-wire the keyboards etc.

Thank you for the info.

Have at it.

Max, yes it would be a job to convert it to MIDI, but it is doable. I think it is a 300 series as well. They can sound nice though, and are a pretty complete spec for a 2 manual.

It's 270 miles away from me, so I'm probably not going to go after it. But then, road trips are fun ....
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird604 View Post

Not the first time that someone has listed an older organ for sale and called it by the name of a current model. That's why it pays to beware of all offers on craigslist and even on ebay.

Here is part of the text from the ad :

" Can be played or used for parts. Free. You haul away. Contact through Craigslist for more info."

Ok, I agree that no one can fault them for not knowing the details, since they probably have done away with organ music entirely, and no one there currently knows anything about organs.

However, I can fault them for not replying ( at all, even to say it is not available or whatever ) to the CL e-mail I sent them on Thursday ! The ad is still up as I write this, so I figure no one has taken it as yet. I wrote a coherent e-mail too, not just a one liner like other people do to me when I've posted stuff on CL.

They wont take more than one ( lousy at that ) photo for the ad, they don't reply to their preferred method of contacting them as stated in the ad, and they don't even know what they are trying to give away.

I guess it can just sit there then. Oh well.
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrytow View Post
    . . .

However, I can fault them for not replying ( at all, even to say it is not available or whatever ) to the CL e-mail I sent them on Thursday ! The ad is still up as I write this, so I figure no one has taken it as yet. I wrote a coherent e-mail too, not just a one liner like other people do to me when I've posted stuff on CL.

They wont take more than one ( lousy at that ) photo for the ad, they don't reply to their preferred method of contacting them as stated in the ad, and they don't even know what they are trying to give away.

I guess it can just sit there then. Oh well.
    You were not the only one who emailed them with the correct information about their ad. I too did not receive any reply.

Well, I guess I feel some better now - it's not just me ! I figured others were interested too, and at least an e-mail saying it was gone would be nice. People really annoy me when they do business like this; common courtesy should not go out the window just because an item is free.
    Regards, Larry

Just an update for anyone who cares. As of today at 1:40pm the organ is gone from the church. I finally just called them and spoke to the secretary there. She said that the organ left this morning. She also said that she had no clue as to why our e-mails were not responded to.

As I write this, the ad is Still Up !

I hope someone from the Forum grabbed it.
    Regards, Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12