Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowrey Aria Pro EX6000 Demo

I think it is a brilliant video. Nicely played and an impressing organ.

Seamaster - you will be dissapointed! Not even the rhythm unit used until minute 16! Fake it starts at 33:00, but in a not too silly way as additional accompaniment on the lower keys

The „jazz“ organ sounds a little „1984 Wersi-ish“ to me, not like a Hammond.
    Owned Philips Philicorda, Viscount Fair Lady and Cabaret de Luxe, Hohner Virtuos, Yamaha electone c-605. Now playing Hammond Aurora Classic, Technics GA3 and Roland G-800.

There are some nice things in here, though nothing really 'new'. The 'Orchestrator' (A Hammond Suzuki trademark, possibly!) seems to be nothing different to the Ensemble feature on Yamaha's Tyros 5 and Genos keyboards, though on those two you can control the instrumentation, how it's used and choose to play the four notes yourself. An ex Baldwin demonstrator told me that they once had assignable harmonies and I think Technics toyed with it too. 'Fake It' started life back in 1989, as 'One Finger Ad Lib' on the little Kawai MS710 keyboard - though now it's 'No Fingers Ad Lib'. And, if you have a little time, some free software and the ability to play well enough in the key of C, you can add these 'fake it' phrases into any of the 'unused' parts of a style on a Yamaha or into a Multipad.

I'm not personally convinced by the theatre organ sounds. The AT900P leaves it standing, from what I hear, but as always I never judge on what I see and hear on Youtube. I'd love to hear one in person but it seems Allens have changed their policy on taking the instruments out to the organ festivals, preferring to do things in store and on-line. That's a shame, as I'd love to play one. Perhaps one day, when I'm visiting my son, I'll sneak in a trip to Great Yarmouth and see if Trevor and Tom will let me loose on one!

What influence do Kawai have, you ask. Kawai build the instruments in their Malaysian plant, of course, and they also supply all the raw samples. I'm told that Lowrey's team then do all the voicing and design, but again it will be Kawai's engineers who do the task of converting what they want into the finished product.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for Aria Guitars to tell Lowrey that they've borrowed a trademark or two!
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

If there is a trademark issue I have already suggested a name change: Aria 51!

td

Quote Originally Posted by tucsondave View Post
    If there is a trademark issue I have already suggested a name change: Aria 51!

td
    Brilliant!
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Give me a Wersi anyday.
    A windows PC in a chipboard box covered in carpaint, versus a jukebox in Granny's dresser with letters over the keys. Has it come to this?

1 members found this post helpful.
    Seems to me that if Lowrey and Wersi were to go out of business, the whingers and moaners would have to turn their attention to another current organ manufacturer.........

Trouble is they wouldn't really have many to choose from!

Whatever Lowrey and Wersi are doing, they must be getting it right as they are still in business manufacturing Organs unlike many others who have fallen by the wayside. Keep up the good work Lowrey and Wersi!

Quote Originally Posted by seamaster View Post
    A windows PC in a chipboard box covered in carpaint, versus a jukebox in Granny's dresser with letters over the keys. Has it come to this?
    Oh how I do enjoy Seamaster comments, made me laugh - btw, I think mine is a Windows PC in an MDF box covered in a fabulous pearlescent car paint! - I seem to remember when I had a Yamaha it was plywood covered in a plastic veneer - wonder what the others are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Markr View Post
    ... wonder what the others are made of.
    The very best cabinets are solid wood, Allen, Lowrey, high end Roland etc.

Most are chipboard or plywood, some MDF. Nothing wrong with those materials, when used correctly used in the right places they can be better than solid wood. But it's the outside that we see and most are some form of paper or plastic veneer over plywood. Solid plastic cabinets with wood grain effects moulded in or painted on? That's been done as well.

I've had all of the above at home at some point! never anything with car paint on, though my home made leslie (I was about 14!) had some of the white Dulux gloss Dad had used for the skirting boards!

I wouldn’t be allowed anything like Dulux that wasn’t on the walls, but have to confess, the sparkly black finish on my Wersi is just fab in our environment, and an American walnut or anything similar just would not go with our decor now - my wife was delighted when the Walnut Verona stopped working, and I had nothing but encouragement to get the black Sonic - she wasn’t keen on white either. To be honest I would have gone with whatever colour “eased” the journey!

Has to be each to their own, just like car colours but as your strap line says Andy, “its not what you play, its not how you play.... etc”

I haven’t seen or heard anything that would make me want to change my Yamaha AR100 for a Lowrey Aria Pro. And what is the point of those ABC lights?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast