Thread: Electone C-5?

Question Electone C-5?

Hey-hey! I know practically nothing about organs so apologies if this is kinda obvious.

I've had this Electone sitting in my house for years and years and I've gotten kinda curious about it recently. The plate on the back says its a 'C-5' but I can't find any documentation on it anywhere.
    It looks identical to a C-2B except it has tremolo switches in the bottom right hand corner.
    Does anyone have any information on any other differences to a C-2B?
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1 members found this post helpful.
    Alas, my 1984 copy of Blue Book doesn't cover the C series for some reason! And the 'Mother List' only gives the years, 1967 for the C2B and 1971 for the C5. The C2B was 'before my time' as I came into the business in 1970 and I've only seen and played a C5. The C5 would no doubt be a development of the C2B, perhaps the tremolo is the main, or only, difference.

If no-one knows the answer here on the Organ Forum then, if you 'do' Facebook, sign up to the Vintage Organ group. Make sure you answer the questions asked and say that you have a C5 and I or the other Admin will admit you to the group. the other Admin is Mike, and he has a massive collection of old brochures (my own collection doesn't go back this far). And we have so many members whose interest is vintage home organs that someone may well have the answers.

As we're very short of photos of these oldies, please take a few pix and either add them here or email them to me and I'll add them to the thread and the gallery.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

According to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tronic_organs) it was also known as the C4 organ.

Really need to see pictures to be sure.

Bill

Electone2.jpg Electone1.jpg

These are two I took quickly. Hope they help out a little.

With those grey tabs, it looks like more like a late 60s model, so I think I'm right in saying that there won't be much difference between them. I'll ask my fellow 'guru' on Vintage Organs and see if he knows.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.

OK, we now have a photo of the C2B from 1967, courtesy of the Vintage Organ group's 'guru'. The only differences seem to be that your C5 has a 2 2/3' Flute stop, and the tremolo already mentioned.

We're now looking for a photo of the C5 series models, but we think that the C5A and C5R (both 1971) had the 'standard' (for a short while) Yamaha red and white tone lever controls. Photo(s) will be provided as and when found.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is very nice to know, thanks for the help.

And to round off the photos, here's the slightly later multicoloured C4, but with no tremolo controls.
    Attached Images Attached Images