Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rodgers #790 value vs Allen ADC-7000 (swap)

Ya know James, the more I think about how you got outbid on that 40s, the more I think that there are some shenanigans going on with his listings / sales. I too find it tough to believe that the selling price was that ridiculous. I would not be at all surprised to see that same organ listed again in a week or two. Either the listing party is up to some games, or the buyer will back out, or something such.

In any eventuality, if it does get listed again soon(ish), I would be more leery than ever about trying to bid on it again.

I guess I am pretty cynical about buying big items off epay, particularly organs, so that colors my thoughts.
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Larry, I’d believe you could be right. Rigged bidding/bidders?
    Kind of makes me sick to think may be such. Again when I placed my bid, reflected 2 other bidders, then early afternoon just one other bidder. Thought great—I have 50/50 odds of getting the high bid. I even sent FF message about how I’d really appreciate getting it—since he wasn’t interested in a trade for my ADC-7000 plus fair extra $$.
    FF didn’t even bother to reply to me. Just got the “declined offer” auto email.
    Believe more & more as said in Forum he’s kind of a scoundrel. How sad!!!

James

The MDS-40S is back on the market again.

Well, how about that ?! I'm so shocked ?
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Not really sure what question they are asking you about a "resistor built amp" -- perhaps they are asking if it is a "transistor" amp, which it is. But you can assure them that Allen Organ Co stands 100% behind this organ and will always be able to provide any parts that might be needed. The amps on this model are standard "line level" units that can even be replaced by amps from another source if necessary.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

John,
    Great-- thanks for the info! I'll pass this on to Sam as requested.
    You're the best!! Appreciate ya!

James
    Last edited by James P; 09-10-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toodles View Post
    The MDS-40S is back on the market again.
    I guess that particular organ sells once per month. I wonder how many there are in storage?

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Michael, John or anyone,
    Was told if I have Allen Organ serial #, I can look up year it was built somewhere here on Forum website. Anyone know where?
    Want to look up years built on my 301-B organ’s got coming.
    Based on my previous 301-B, guessing will be mid to late 70’s.
    Thanks guys!!

James

As far as I know, you have to contact Allen to find out when a given organ was manufactured, though perhaps one of the forum members with access to Allen's technician site might be able to look it up there.

You can use the contact form on their website to send a message. I asked when my Allen was made (included the serial no.) and how to obtain a copy of the owner's manual for for it. The answer came back the next day. (1) Your organ was made in 1967, (2) owner's manuals are no longer provided for analog organs, (3) and your local dealer will delighted to otherwise assist you. Within a hour after that, I heard from the dealer in Atlanta.

https://www.allenorgan.com/contact.html
    -- I'm Lamar - 1967 Allen TC-4 Project (forum thread)
    -- Rodgers W5000C and Hauptwerk - spare W5000 for parts - Conn 643 Theater - Hammond M3 and E-112
    -- Roland RD300nx stage piano - 1899 Kimball reed organ (forum thread)
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast