Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hammond xt100

I think the orla vs hammond its more case of which sounds you prefer, some prefer one some the other, I like hammond the orlas are ok but to me hammonds just better. If you want full pedals then the XH200 console is one to consider got good spec and the full keyboards/pedals.

I know you can make a custom 25 note pedalboard for the xe models, dont think there is a standard one available.

Hello, I bought a XH-200 a few weeks back, has full pedal board and got it for just under 300, Lovely condition for the money you are willing to spend I would wait. As with the XT/XH model you have to learn the organ, it has more on the inside than the outside, so go through the manual slowly. There is a logic to the system, being newer to the Digital Organ I am slower anyway. Also, whilst some of the singular sounds are lacking, they blend together so well. Originally I wanted either a Kawai or a Lowrey, not for how the great the samples were, but for that well blended big lush sound. Don't need them now I have the XH Hammond. Also with the XH-200 you get 1X15" Speaker 2X8" 2X4" X6" so a much bigger sound. All else the same, but the extra speaker size is going to make a lot of difference.

Also chances are you will have to take the door off its hinges to get it in, I did. But it will fit. That is if you are taking it through a standard doorway.

Also have found a company that has lots of preset registration disks and autoband style disks, a rarity to find for the XT/XH. So can pass information on if you need it.

Best to advertise for one if you do not see one for sale. You will not be disappointed, I know I love mine, and will keep it regardless of what else I buy, or how more modern. There is something about that big Hammond sound.

Also, does it matter if the Organ does eventually break down, for the money they are selling for now, just buy another. Luckily though, I am in a part of the UK that has a technician that knows Hammond's, and Yamaha's. and given there are still plenty of working XT/XH Hammonds on the market finding another won't be such a problem. Also, the Hammonds are workhorses and well made so most problems should be an easy fix. There are few modern organs on the market now anyway as the market is relatively dead, so, all of them are becoming obsolete. So long as there are plenty of them on the market, finding parts should not be too difficult. They don't sell parts for Yamaha EL's any more but there are loads of them on the market too.

Have seen quite a few XT/XH Hammond's around so if you want me to keep my eyes open for one I will.

Best of luck

Thanks ButterFingers that does make sense. XE200 I think is the way to go as more recent than XT. There are a couple advertised at present which I'm following with interest. Could use one being advertised closer to Essex though as most, including other makes, do seem to be north of the country.

I'd appreciate if you do hear of anything to let me know please, which is a kind offer.

Thank you

Well, finally found an xe200se, purchased and hope to collect some time next week. Will give me an opportunity to take my T500 and Aurora "off the road" so to speak and finally bring them both up to my desired standard. Also, hook up my Leslie 145 to the T500.

That's the plan anyhow, but likely I'll be spending my spare time enjoying the XE!

Hurrah! You’ll love it.

You're right Seamaster, it is quite something. Put together today as was transported in two parts. Wading through the user manual at the moment as have only used the readily available presets. Also came with quite a few discs of registrations which is nice. So far, very impressive and worth the wait I believe. I will need to fabricate a better music stand as the wire one is pretty basic. I'm thinking along the lines of the full width perspex type of the SE which I can fabricate, but may add a led light strip to the base.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123