Thread: Hammond XK3c lower manual issues

Hammond XK3c lower manual issues

HELP !!!!!!!!
    I have recently acquired a beautiful Hammond XK3c with lower keyboard and Leslie. I got it "as seen" so I was a bit upset to find that it had issues.
    1. The lower manual doesn't work.
    I conn3cted this up as per the manual with a 5 pin MIDI cable but still nothing
    I tried factory reset - nothing
    The little power light on the RH side doesn't light up.

Also the Expression pedal doesnr7 work
    I connected this up also as per the manual and while I can control the Leslie I get no volume change from the pedal.

The upper manual works fine - Please can anyone point me in the right direction as I will not give up on this.
    My big issue is that I live in Bahrain and there is no one here that knows anything about Hammonds.

Thanks a bunch David

1 members found this post helpful.
    There's another cable that has to be hooked up for it to power the lower unit. I don't own one but helped set one up for a demo once and remember this. I think it was an 8 pin cable. It was somewhat confusing if I recall but we found the answer in the manual and all was fine.

Here's an old thread that mentions it.

https://www.organforum.com/forums/sh...Manual-Problem

The XK-3c has to be told to use the EXP-100F for Expression (Pg. 64 #10).

I agree with what CLEM stated in post #2. I have a complete XK3c system with full pedals (all currently in storage), and recall there is another cable besides the MIDI cable to the lower manual. If the lower manual power light (red LED) is not illuminated, the lower manual is not getting power from the organ. The owners manual shows all the needed connections to the lower manual.

And yes, as post #3 stated, the XK-3c does have to be set to use the EXP-100F for Expression.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joecool240 View Post
    I agree with what CLEM stated in post #2. I have a complete XK3c system with full pedals (all currently in storage), and recall there is another cable besides the MIDI cable to the lower manual. If the lower manual power light (red LED) is not illuminated, the lower manual is not getting power from the organ. The owners manual shows all the needed connections to the lower manual.

And yes, as post #3 stated, the XK-3c does have to be set to use the EXP-100F for Expression.

Joe
    There is a pdf manual for the lower manual XLK3 available to download which covers all of this. From my XK3 phase I remember that you set the drawbars for upper/lower configuration too.

The short 8 pin cable plugs into the XK3C EXP100F socket and then into the XLK3. You then plug your EXP100F into the other socket on the XLK3.
    1937 Hammond BC with Trek II Preamp, Percussion and Reverb
    1970 Leslie 147
    1968 MK2 Farfisa Compact Duo/1964 Binson Echorec 2/Leslie Combo Preamp

Restored and rehomed; RT3, C3, M102, L122, T202, 122, 147, 760 x3, 330,
    MK1 Solina, Rhodes Stage 73, MK1 Farfisa Compact Duo, Hammond XK3, Korg BX3 and CX3

Formerly tonewheel1966