Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do I have no place in this Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Only thing that I'm not sure off is the sound. Now I heard it on my laptop as the desktop is out of order so not with decent speakers but I got the impression that the sound is distorted, at least the low end. Strangely enough, the sound of the intro isn't. But again, that could have been the pc I was listening on.
    There's nothing wrong with your speakers. I may have accidentally over amplified the music a bit. I didn't notice it until after uploading to Youtube. Their reformatting may have done that too. I didn't think it was annoying enough to redo the video. I will pay more attention to future videos. My previous videos don't have that problem. Just one of the goof-ups demonstrating I'm not perfect.

Ok, stuff happens... Thanks for letting me know so I don't go messing hours to find out wht you already know.

One result of listening to that is that next garage sale I'm going to look for LP's with that kind of music on. There must be tons around of them but I don't have any.

I ran the video also. The organ playing certainly is a great example of someone utilizing the Lowrey in the manner they pretty much intended it for. Your material was generally better prepared than most of mine is. I loved seeing a younger person playing (that encompasses a pretty broad age range for the bulk of us in our 70's and 80's). Lowrey would not have lasted as long as they did without dedicated players such as yourself. The bulk of the organs the forum members own, the used ones, came from homes where they were probably rarely if ever played. Yours is clearly loved and used and the care with which you go about your craft shows.

The most impressive aspect of the video is its production values. I see a lot of YouTube and that was one of the best. And I appreciate the proof of imperfection. It is so intimidating being around those that leave us believing that they ARE perfect!
    Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-70, 30, and 15. Roland VR-760 combo
    Yamaha S-90, Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330, Roland E-80, G-70, BK-5, Leslie 760, 820
    Moved on:
    Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1, AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30, 60r, 80, & 20r(2 units), and a slew of Leslies (147, 142, 760, 900, 330).
    Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000

Quote Originally Posted by jcardana View Post
    ... Some feedback I've received is to get rid of the Intro and End Credits completely.
    Yes, you should.
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

I would not remove them completely but shorten them considerably. It is nice to know who is going to play what on what organ. And often I get an ad right at the beginning of a youtube clip so it means I don't miss anything essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I would not remove them completely but shorten them considerably. It is nice to know who is going to play what on what organ.
    OK but the intro is a right turn-off as it stands.
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123