Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hammond C2-GV Help and Advice Requested Please

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by metinstd View Post
    I just checked ebay and there is one, but with 6 pin Leslie connector I think. I have a Leslie HL-822, is it possible to use with some adapters?

Let me try to explain the situation better. When I pull the 16'' drawbar alone, on the lower keyboard two of the Bb and the last key C doesn't sound. All the other keys give this 16'' Drawbar. So when I try to play bass on the lover keyboard these notes, especially the two Bb's have no sound.

Can this be because of the dirty drawbars or the keys? If because of the keys, does it mean that all the keyboard will have to be taken out?

Thank you for your helps,
    Metin
    Again: which notes exactly are missing? The lowest C and.. which two Bbs?
    Only on lower?
    All notes work on the rest of the drawbars, but not on the 16'?
    Current organs: AV, BC, A-100
    Current Leslies: 22H, 142, 147, 760
    Organs in the past: L-100 (several), M-100 (x2), T-100, E-100, CV
    Other keyboards: Roland FP-4, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81Z, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Korg Krome, Novation Mininova

Dear Enor,

On the Lower Keyboard the first Bb, second Bb and the last key on the right end C. you can play the sounds of other drawbars, but the Lower Manual, when only 16' drawbar is open, you have no sound on these three notes. When I pull another drawbar, sound comes on these three keys, but you don't hear 16'drawbar harmonics, you hear the others.

To sum it up: On the Lower Keyboard, I can hear 16' on 3 specified keys. Do you think it is a big problem to overcome it?

Thank you,
    Metin

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by metinstd View Post
    Dear Enor,

On the Lower Keyboard the first Bb, second Bb and the last key on the right end C. you can play the sounds of other drawbars, but the Lower Manual, when only 16' drawbar is open, you have no sound on these three notes. When I pull another drawbar, sound comes on these three keys, but you don't hear 16'drawbar harmonics, you hear the others.

To sum it up: On the Lower Keyboard, I can hear 16' on 3 specified keys. Do you think it is a big problem to overcome it?

Thank you,
    Metin
    If you pull the 3rd drawbar instead, are you missing 2 notes there too? (the first Bb from the bass end, and the second-to-last C)?
    Other keyboards: Roland FP-4, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha TX81Z, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Korg Krome, Novation Mininova

You are right Enor!

There are other missing tones in other drawbars but only in the Lower Keyboard.
    Upper seems to be normal.Here are the missing notes I have written down:

1st Drawbar:
    1st Bb, 2nd Bb, 6th C (Last C)

2nd Drawbar:
    1st Eb, 4th F
    Also the 1st C is like going and coming

3rd Drawbar:
    1st Bb and 5th C

4th Drawbar:
    4th C

5th Drawbar:
    3th F

6th Drawbar:
    3th C

7th Drawbar:
    2nd G#

8th Drawbar:
    2nd F

9th Drawbar:
    2nd C

I'm really confused now. What could be the reasons of the lower keyboard missing tones?

Thank you,
    Metin
    Last edited by metinstd; 11-08-2018 at 05:21 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.
    You have two broken wires between the upper and lower manuals (or bad solder at the lower manual terminal strip); frequencies #23 and #61. The manual strip starts at #13 when counting from the bass, or #91 when counting in from the treble. Fix those two wires (23 and 61) and all will be well.

Dear Enor,

Thank you for this unbelievable information. I will ask my technician friend who could do this for me, he is planning to be here in 2-3 weeks.
    Thank you very much for your help Enor. I will let you know how we do it, and may need your assistance during.
    You are really like a doctor of the Hammond Organ!

All the best for now,
    Metin

Enor,

If there are two broken wires are they difficult to reach, or it it is in a reachable place?

May I aslo ask something about my Leslie HL-822? I'm planning to order a wooden case like Leslie 122 or 145. The height of HL-822 is a little bir long as it has mid dirvesr on the middle compartement left and right.

I'm thinking of shortening the middle layer 10-15cm, does it seem to be a wrong operation? The HL-822 is very tall. And also is there an Amplifier that I can replace the HL-822 amp with Tube Amplifier, so that it will be almost like the old-school leslies.

Here is the Half Moon Switch Enor, Is it something that I can connect to my leslie, is so I'd like to purchase it.Leslie Half Moon 1.jpg

Thank you,
    Metin
    Last edited by metinstd; 11-09-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123