Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Composite Sample Set

I haven't worked with HW ODFs. They are in XML format. I've looked at a couple in order to check release keypress timing and I haven't been able to parse them. The GrandOrgue ODF is a structured text file.

I believe HW sells a program which allows a user to manipulate the ODF but I don't know anything about it. There are probably others here who can provide more info.

1 members found this post helpful.
    HW has a "simple" XML format for building (Custom Organ Design Module) as well as the full featured format. The full format can be "compressed" (options are named a, b, c, d, e, ....) or with readable option names. The format is structured like a relational database with numerical primary keys and references to them.

CODM documentation is available on their web page - I have heard rumors, that the full format documentation is only available at request under special conditions.

A GO ODF can be a HW1 format [some options are reported as unused] and you can start using newer GO features for just the situations, where you need more features (eg. multiple releases, graphics, ..).

Quote Originally Posted by e9925248 View Post
    HW has a "simple" XML format for building (Custom Organ Design Module) as well as the full featured format. The full format can be "compressed" (options are named a, b, c, d, e, ....) or with readable option names. The format is structured like a relational database with numerical primary keys and references to them.

CODM documentation is available on their web page - I have heard rumors, that the full format documentation is only available at request under special conditions.

A GO ODF can be a HW1 format [some options are reported as unused] and you can start using newer GO features for just the situations, where you need more features (eg. multiple releases, graphics, ..).
    Thanks for that information. I've been unable to follow the keys in the full format since I don't know the entity relationships. I suppose I could parse it with sufficient patience, but it doesn't seem worth the effort. The only information I've looked for is for maxkeypresstimes.

The sample sets from Piotr Grabowski don't use the exact same keypresstimes that correspond to the length of the samples denoted by the path names for the releases. I understand that the sample sets from Sonus Paradisi also do not correspond exactly. Since I'm making composite sets from the various free demos from SP, I wanted to see if I could more closely match the value for the maxkeypresstime. As it is now, my sample sets use the exact same values as specified in the paths. I'm not sure if it makes a great deal of difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123